Deputy Director-General and Distinguished Professor
|1966||M.D., Kyoto University|
|1975||Ph.D., Kyoto University|
|1971-1973||Fellow of Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Embryology|
|1973-1974||Visiting Fellow and Associate of National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH|
|1974-1979||Assistant Professor of Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo|
|1979-1984||Professor of School of Medicine, Osaka University|
|1984-2005||Professor of Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University|
|1996-2000||Director of Faculty of Medicine/Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|
|2002-2004||Director of Faculty of Medicine/Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|
|2005-||Specially-Appointed Professor of Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|
|2006-2017||Visiting Professor of Kyoto University|
|2006-2012||Executive Member of the Council for Science and Technology Policy, Cabinet Office|
|2012-2017||Chairman, Board of Directors, Shizuoka Prefectural University Corporation|
|2015-||President of Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation (2018- Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster)|
|2017-||Distinguished Professor of KUIAS|
|2018-||Deputy Director-General of KUIAS|
|2020-||Director of Center for Cancer Immunotherapy and Immunobiology (CCII), Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|
- T. Honjo, T. Kataoka, Organization of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes and allelic deletion model. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 75, 2140–2144 (1978).
- Y. Yaoita, T. Honjo, Deletion of immunoglobulin heavy chain genes from expressed allelic chromosome. Nature 286, 850–853 (1980).
- Y. Ishida, Y. Agata, K. Shibahara, T. Honjo, Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death. EMBO J. 11, 3887–3895 (1992).
- M. Muramatsu, K. Kinoshita, S. Fagarasan, S. Yamada, Y. Shinkai, T. Honjo, Class switch recombination and hypermutation require activation- induced cytidine deaminase (AID), a potential RNA editing enzyme. Cell 102, 553–563 (2000).
- Y. Iwai, M. Ishida, Y. Tanaka, T. Okazaki, T. Honjo, N. Minato, Involvement of PD-L1 on tumor cells in the escape from host immune system and tumor immunotherapy by PD-L1 blockade. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 12293–12297 (2002).